A peak into the life of the Harty's 2.0, in Edmonton!



Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Review

Hi everyone -

Sorry about not posting last week's Sunday review. I was away on a girls trip to Galiano and I was a little pooped by the time we got home.
PS - there will be more to come about the wonderful time I had on Galiano in a future post.

Lush's Godiva Solid Shampoo -

When I first was introduced to Lush's solid shampoo line, I wasn't too keen on the idea of a solid shampoo. I have been a liquid shampoo kinda gal for my whole life, so I was a little skeptical when I received a solid shampoo bar in Lush's special promotion package. Let me tell you, I will NEVER EVER go back to liquid shampoo again. I love this shampoo bar!!!
Lush first started making shampoo bars because when they were starting out they could not afford bottles and packaging. They had to figure out a way to make a shampoo which could be solid and preservative free. I am so glad they did!
Godiva is a jasmine scented shampoo and conditioner bar, which is loaded with cocoa and Shea butters. I still use a conditioner afterwards just because I like my hair to be really soft. When I first received this bar, I was like 'whoa, that smells really strong'. But I have gotten used to the smell and actually crave to wash my hair with it. When you wash your hair with any of the solid shampoo bars, you take the same steps you would as if you were using liquid shampoo. I like to wet my hair, run the bar over my scalp a couple of times, rub it in a bit, rinse, then run the bar over my hair again and get a really good lather going. The lather these bars have is wonderful. Again, it is the soft lather with lots of little bubbles.
Another great feature of these bars is they last for 50 - 80 shampoos, depending on the length of your hair and how much is used. Not too shabby for $9.95.
If you are looking for something new in hair care definitely try out a solid shampoo bar from Lush. They have many different varieties for all hair types and scalp conditions.

Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Voluptuous Ultimate Length and Volume Mascara-

For most of my makeup wearing life, I have been a religious fan of Maybellines's Great Lash mascara. You know the one with the pink and green packaging. It is a cult classic. On a whim, I decided to try Maybelline's new mascaras, the Lash Stiletto line. I have puny little eyelashes with no thickness or length, so I really need a product that can build upon itself and give me both volume and length. Lash Stiletto does this. I have to say it does an even better job than Great Lash. This is my go to mascara. It builds nice shiny lashes which are super full. I really like that this mascara does not run, flake, or smudge. Another plus about this mascara is that it comes off super easily with just soap and water. Even with the Great Lash, I had to use a bit of makeup remover, not Lash Stiletto. A great tube of mascara for under $10!

So, maybe I'm born with it, maybe it's Maybelline!

Chat soon,

Mrs. Harty

1 comment: