A peak into the life of the Harty's 2.0, in Edmonton!



Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yummy Sunday Review

Hey Everyone -

Today's Sunday review is about local Farmer's Markets. I love going to Farmer's Markets and picking up homemade and locally produced items. I am going to find more time on the weekends during the summer to try to get out to more markets in both the lower mainland and in our new home, Edmonton. I only have about a month left to get to all the local markets around town. I still want to visit the Steveston market and hit Granville Island one last time (sniff, sniff...).
As I stated above, I love Farmer's Markets for the freshness and the uniqueness of the items they sell. Today I went to the Ladner Farmer's Market with my best bud and her family. I had never been to this market and didn't know what to expect. Let's say it did not disappoint. There was a good mix of vendors selling everything from baking and produce to artisans selling paintings and jewelery. I wish I had of brought my camera to take some pics of the market itself, but I left it at home. Boo....
Anyways, I am going to leave a few links below for some Farmer's Markets I will be checking out this summer. Hope you will too!

Till next time,

Mrs. Harty




http://www.osfm.ca/ - This is going to be one of the first places I explore when I get to Edmonton! Can't wait!!!

Here are some pics of the goodies I picked up today from the Ladner Market:

I am going to have this granola
tomorrow morning over some
yogurt. Yummy!
Anyone who knows me, knows I love
beets. I had some of these tonight and
they were pretty good. Not as good
as Grandma's though...
Mini Blackberry Pie
Yum Yum in my Tum Tum!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment